desiring to transfer from Regionally Accredited colleges and universities
to Southern University with less than12 semester hours of course work
must meet the same requirements as the first-time
freshman. Students with 12 hours or more must have a GPA of 2.0
(based on 4.0) on all transfer work.
students who have earned 12 or more college-level credit hours must:
• Have a minimum cumulative college level GPA of 2.0.
• Be eligible to return to the institution from which they are
• Have earned credit for college level Math or English
• Submit an official transcript(s) from all the universities/colleges
that have been attended.
• Submit a copy of your immunization record.
• Submit a copy of your social security card
• Submit a Transfer Reference
Sheet that is to be completed by the Dean of Student Affairs.
Mail Transfer application to: Office of the Registrar, P.
O. Box 9454, Southern University, Baton Rouge, LA 70813-9901